Stroller bags are overlooked by many but they are essential for air travel because they keep your stroller safe from damage and all the grime and dirt of the hold section.
This means your baby won’t get exposed to all that dirt while you get to travel more conveniently.
Universal Fit Stroller Bags
Universal fit stroller bags are cheap and they are made to fit different types of strollers.
But always check first if it will fit with your brand.
Angel Baby stroller travel bag
OUR RATING: 4.3/5
- DURABLE, DOUBLE STRENGTH POLYESTER FABRIC that resists cracking, tearing and ripping. Lightweight and water resistant fabric gives you a sleek stroller cover for airplane design without all the bulk of the other stroller bags. Stroller bag for airplane DIMENSIONS are 45in. x 15.5in. x 12in. (114.3cm x 39.4cm x 30.5cm)
- REINFORCED CARRY PADDED STRAP: Wears comfortably on your shoulder like a backpack. Oversize identification tag and bright red color make this stroller airplane bag is perfect for the airline and easy to spot! Water Resistant and Lightweight Fabric Baggage comes standard.
- HEAVY DUTY ZIPPER STORAGE POUCH: Opens and closes without splitting or getting stuck. DRAWSTRING CLOSURE gives you a nice tight select fit. The ADJUSTABLE LOCK is for easy opening and closing your umbrella gate check stroller bags for air travel at the airport.
- FITS MOST BABY TRAVEL UMBRELLA STROLLERS: Large xl graphics with ID guard box for name and RED bright color checked! FITS most JL Childress, Jeep, UPPABaby vista or cruz, Graco, Britax, Bob strollers, mclaren, mini city jogger strollers and more.
- KEEP YOUR UMBRELLA STROLLER TRAVEL BAG INVESTMENT CLEAN AND SAFE for many years to come. We want you to PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT from dirt, and wear and tear, whether you are traveling by airplane or car, or storing your stroller at home. PURCHASE THE ANGEL BABY STROLLER AND A CARSEAT TRAVEL BAG COVERS (sold separately) TOO TODAY.
The Angel baby stroller bag is one of the best and affordable stroller bags out there.
This is because it is made with water-resistant durable double strength polyester.
It is also a great choice for umbrella strollers because of the drawstring adjustable lock which makes opening and closing easy.
There is a padded shoulder strap that lets you carry it as a backpack and an ID identification.
The bag also comes with a zip-up pouch for keeping the bag when it’s not being used.
- Durable double strength polyester
- Padded shoulder strap for easy carrying
- Oversize identification tag
- Bright red color makes it easy to spot
- Identification tag
- Zippered pouch
- Drawstring closure
- Adjustable lock for umbrella stroller bags
- Universal fit
- All-weather use
- Fragile sign
- No velcro flap
COMPONO Stroller travel bag
OUR RATING: 5/5
- WATER RESISTANT DURABILITY AND PROTECTION ★ This is NOT like those cheap, paper thin, 'Ballistic Nylon' bags that allow water to pass through and fall apart the first usage! Made from an extra durable Nylon and Polyester hybrid blend material, sealed with a Water-Resistant liner, our bag keeps your stroller protected from dust, dirt, and water during your travel by train, car, airplane, etc. Double stitching at handle locations ensures they will stay attached.
- EASY TO CARRY ★ Padded adjustable Shoulder sling strap allows for easy carrying over one shoulder. Two individual lift handles on the side, as well as a single one on the back, allow for quick and easy lifts.
- EASY STOAGE ★ INCLUDES A ZIPPERED TOTE BAG FOR STORAGE! Double Press quick clinch closures sewn into a low resistance composite material allow the bag to easily be closed. An extra flap of material with Velcro closure covers the hole left from the drawstring to keep all dirt and grime out
- MASSIVE SIZED BAG FOR UNIVERSAL FIT ★ Measures 48" tall, by 25" wide, by 19" deep; THIS BAG IS HUGE! Fits all double strollers / dual strollers we have tested, including some of the largest on the market: 4Moms - Origami, Baby Jogger - City Mini, Bob, Britax, Chicco, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Evenflo, Safety 1st, Cosco, and many more.
The bag is made with polyester hybrid and sturdy nylon and an extra layer of water-resistant material.
It’s great for both single strollers and umbrella strollers but make sure you follow the recommended dimension for folding.
It has an adjustable padded shoulder strap which lets you carry it as a backpack.
On the sides, there are dual lift handles that let you pick up the bag easily.
You can also use the single Quick Carry Handle which is located at the top rear end of the bag.
Fits even the largest strollers.
- Dual string quick closure system
- Velcro flap for keeping dirt away
- Luggage ID pocket with an ID tag
- Fragile sign
- Adjustable padded shoulder strap
- Quick carry handle
- Universal fit
- Zippered tote bag for storage
- Bright red color makes it easy to spot
- Not suitable for very large strollers
Below is an abbreviated list of compatible strollers; please ask me a question in the comments if you have any specific concerns:
- 4Moms – Origami
- Aprica – Cadence, Presto, etc.
- Baby Jogger – City Elite, City Mini, City Mini GT, City Select, City Versa, F.I.T., etc.
- Baby Trend – Encore, Euroride, Euro Buggy, Expedition, Passport, Snap N’ Go, etc.
- BOB – Ironman, Revolution, etc.
- Britax – B- Agile, B-Nimble, etc.
- Bugaboo – Bee, Cameleon, Donkey, etc.
- Chicco – Cortina, KeyFit, Trevi, etc.
- Combi – Cabria, Cosmo, Flare, Helio, Torino, Twin, etc.
- Cybex – Callisto, Onyx, Ruby, Twinyx, etc.
- Combi – Coccoro, Kobuk, Shuttle, etc.
- Cosco – Commuter, etc.
- Evenflo – Aura, Journey, Zing, etc.
- Graco – Alano, Duo Glider, Dynamo, Ipo – Twin, Mosaic, etc.
- InStep – Arrow, Flash, Grand Safari, etc.
- Jeep – Cherokee Sport, Universal Cruiser, Wrangler, etc.
- Joovy – Caboose, Groove, Kooper, Scooter, etc.
- Maclaren – Easy Traveler, Quest, Triumph, etc.
- Mamas & Papas – Cruise, Mylo, Sola, Tour, Trip, Urbo, etc.
- Maxi Cosi – Foray, Mila, etc.
- Mountain Buggy – Duo, Plus One, Swift, etc.
- Mutsy – 4Rider, Easyrider, Spider, etc. to s
- Peg Perego – Pliko, Skate, Switch Four, etc.
- Phil & Ted’s – Classic, Dot, Explorer, Navigator, Smart, Verve, Vibe, etc.
- Quinny – Buzz, Senzz, Zapp, etc.
- Safety 1st – Acella, Clic It!, Jaunt, Two Ways Tandem etc.
- Stokke – Xplory, etc.
- UPPAbaby – Cruz, G-Luxe, G-Lite, Vista, etc.
OnGuard stroller bag for double strollers
OUR RATING: 4.0/5
- ✔ EXTRA STRONG FOR EXTRA PROTECTION: Unlike other stroller travel bags that easily rip, tear at the seams, or come undone during handling, the OnGuard waterproof baby stroller cover is made using a durable molted polyester fabric, has reinforced seams, and comes with a secured lock and closure drawstring system. This means better protection against scratches, dirt, and germs, no coming open during transit, and enhanced durability to last through numerous flights.
- ✔ FITS DOUBLE STROLLERS: No dealing with the disappointment of a small stroller gate check bag. Our stroller cover for airplane dimensions is 31" (H) x 57" (W) roomy enough to fit universal strollers such as Maclaren, Combi, Chicco, Peg Perego, Cosco, Uppababy, Graco, Joovy, and more. (NOTE: This product fits universal double strollers. Please check your stroller’s dimensions for comparison before buying. Refer to image 3 on how to measure your folded stroller on both front and side views.)
- ✔ THOUGHTFULNESS IN DESIGN: Make gate check and traveling much easier with the unique touches on our lightweight baby stroller protector. It comes with shoulder side strap for comfortable carrying, an area to clearly indicate your name and phone number for easy identification, and is designed in a bright gray with yellow lining to help you know right away which stroller is yours. It can be used as a picnic mat as an additional feature.
- ✔ STORAGE MADE COMPACT: You don’t have to spend extra on a storage pouch for your double stroller travel bag. This stroller accessory already comes with a 12.5” x 5.5” pouch that is conveniently attached to the bag. So you can quickly fold the stroller storage bag into its pouch and fit it into your diaper bag or purse without any bulk.
- ✔ 100%, 90 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: OnGuard double stroller bag is one of the best products in the baby travel accessories category. If for any reason you’re not satisfied, contact us within 90 days from the delivery date and we will place you a 100% full refund. No Questions Asked!
The Onguard stroller bag is bright gray with a yellow lining and it is has a secured lock and closure system for keeping your stroller safe.
It supports double strollers and is also a universal fit for most strollers but you should make sure your stroller dimension is compatible.
It has a shoulder side strap for easy carrying and there is an area where you can indicate your name and phone number.
There is also a storage pouch for keeping the bag.
This stroller bag also doubles as a picnic mat and it has a 100% 90 days guarantee.
- Universal fit
- Supports double strollers
- Secure lock and closure system
- Shoulder side strap
- Space for indicating your name and phone number
- Light gray color makes it easy to identify
- Doubles as a picnic mat
- Storage pouch
- 100% 90 days guarantee
- No velcro flap
- 90 days guarantee
Volkgo stroller bag
OUR RATING: 4.3/5
- FITS MOST DOUBLE STROLLERS ★ this gate check bag is HUGE! Dimensions: 47" tall, by 24" wide, by 18" deep. Created to fit most double strollers / dual strollers, standard jogging strollers.
- HASSLE-FREE & FUNCTIONALLY EFFECTIVE DESIGN ★ the stroller travel bag comes with 2 padded backpack straps help keep your hands free such that you can easily show tickets, hold your baby or even sip a cup of coffee at the airport.
- EASY TRAVEL ★ VolkGo Stroller Bag makes it extremely easy to carry a baby stroller along with you even when traveling. With our stroller bag for air travel, you can Gate Check the bag & SAVE MONEY!
- IMPROVED SAFETY ★ provides protection to toddler or infant strollers against physical damages but also helps to keep your car seat clean..
- DURABILITY AND PROTECTION ★ travel bag for stroller made up of highly DURABLE NYLON which is water-resistant and is stitched using state of the art technology – offers complete wear and tear protection.
The Volkgo stroller bag is suitable for standard and double strollers.
It is water-resistant, adequately padded and made with nylon for durability and also protection.
It has padded back straps, 2 side straps and a front strap which makes carrying very convenient.
It is also large enough to accommodate most stroller brands but if you are unsure if it’s compatible with your stroller, you can always give them a call to ask.
It comes with a carry pouch for safe-keeping.
- Comes with 2 side straps, 1 front strap and 2 padded back straps for easy carrying.
- 1-year manufacturing warranty
- It has an area where you can write your name and phone number
- Carry pouch
- The back straps are not padded enough, which may cause some discomfort when carrying.
Emmzoe Wheelie padded stroller bag
OUR RATING: 4.7/5
- Traveling Made Easy - Easily wheel your umbrella stroller to the airport gate check or luggage claim when flying and traveling. The bag itself rolls up easily for storage when not needed.
- Easy to Use - Our design features wheels on the bottom of the bag to make it easier to transport your stroller than ever before. Simply place your folded stroller into the bag, zip it up, and pull it along the ground with the built in pull strap.
- High Quality Wheels - Wheels are designed with ball bearings to make them smooth and quiet when rolling.
- Protect your Stroller - Protect your baby stroller from dirt, dust, and water when not in use. Fits foldable umbrella single strollers only.
- Universal Fit for Umbrella Strollers - Designed to fit many umbrella strollers from Maclaren, UppaBaby, Chicco, Summer Infant, Graco, and more.
It has a universal fit and is perfect for foldable umbrella strollers.
The fabric is nylon, which makes it sturdy and water-resistant.
At the bottom, there are wheels for convenient moving.
If the wheels are not practical in some situations, you can always use the strap to lift it.
The bag is labeled at the front and there is a space where you can write your name for easy identification.
The zipper also has lock holes for additional security.
- Universal fit for umbrella strollers: Maclaren, UppaBaby, Chicco, Summer Infant, Graco, and more.
- It has wheels with a unique ball bearing design
- Hand strap and shoulder strap
- Area for writing name for easy identification
- Zipper with lock holes
- Easily rolled up for storage
- It doesn’t come with a pouch for safe-keeping
- It may not be spotted easily because of its color
Emmzoe XL padded stroller bag
OUR RATING: 4.0/5
- Designed for Travel and Comfort - Easily check your stroller in at the airport gate check without any worry of it being damaged.
- Easy to Use - Simply place your folded stroller into the bag and zip it up. Built-in hand and shoulder strap makes for easy handling and transport when traveling.
- High Quality and Durable - Built with strong nylon fabric that is water resistant and helps protect your stroller from dirt and germs. Straps are reinforced to help hold the weight of your stroller. Double reinforced stitching on handle straps helps support the weight of your stroller.
- Lockable Dual Zippers - Dual zippers with lock holes included provide extra security and make for easy loading and unloading.
- Universal Fit - Dimensions are 36” x 26”x 18” and designed to fit many strollers from: UppaBaby, Bugaboo, Chicco, Britax, Baby Jogger, Graco, Joovy, Peg Perego, and more.
Unlike the Emmzoe Wheelie Padded stroller, it accommodates strollers with larger dimensions.
It is adequately padded and it is made with waterproof nylon material.
It has double reinforced stitching which makes it more durable.
It also has lockable dual zippers for extra security.
Before buying, make sure the size of your stroller conforms with the size of the bag.
- Universal fit: designed to fit many strollers from UppaBaby, Bugaboo, Chicco, Britax, Baby Jogger, Graco, Joovy, Peg Perego, and more.
- Lockable dual zippers
- Easy roll storage
- Adequately Padded stroller, like a soft guitar case
- It doesn’t have a strap or handles
- The black color may be hard to spot
Luvdbaby Premium stroller bag
OUR RATING: 4.5/5
- ✈ HASSLE FREE TRAVEL - Our Stroller Bag Transport Solution was developed with you, the parent in mind. We all know how stressful travelling with toddlers can be so at least you don't need to worry about your stroller. Size: 55 inches x 19 inches.
- ✈ PREMIUM QUALITY STRENGTHENED POLYESTER - Designed not to rip or tear, the strengthened 'Denim' coloured material will keep your stroller safe in transit
- ✈ STOWABLE UMBRELLA STROLLER BAG - Many of the travel bags offered by other manufacturers are too bulk to store when you land. Our bag folds into a neat little net bag on landing
- ✈ EASY TO SPOT - When you land, do you want to check every traditional black stroller bag on the carousel to see if it's yours? Our distinctive denim look means you will locate it be out of the airport quicker
- ✈ VERSATILE STROLLER COVER - Our Buggy Bag has been designed to open out completely and can act as a picnic mat or car boot liner when you are out and about
The stroller is made with a denim style material that has an industrial zipper attached to it.
The easy-to-spot denim stroller travel bag is equipped with padded handles for easy and comfortable carrying.
It can be folded and it comes with a carry bag for safe-keeping.
It is also designed in such a way that it can be used as a travel bag, a picnic mat or a motor liner.
- Padded handles
- Equipped with industrial-strength zip
- Comes with a free foldable carry bag
- It can also be used as a travel bag, picnic mat or a motor liner
- Denim style material: Tear and rip-resistant while stylish
- Not waterproof
- Not the best for fitting double strollers
ZOHZO stroller bag
OUR RATING: 4.5/5
- DURABLE: High quality 600 denier fabric construction – water resistant and tear resistant
- COMPATIBLE: Fits most standard or double strollers 41 x 21 x 13.5 inches
- EASY TO CARRY: Adjustable, padded removable shoulder strap with top and side carrying handles
- CONVENIENT: Wrap around double zipper opening allows easy loading
- ADJUSTABLE: Double adjustable buckles allows you to cinch the bag and its contents as needed
The stroller is tear and water-resistant and also durable due to the 600 denier polyester it’s made of.
The wide-opening design makes loading and unloading easy and it is compatible with most brands.
Straps are padded and they can be adjusted or removed.
There are also double adjustable buckles for securing the stroller.
The exterior has pockets for securing the shoulder strap and other accessories.
It comes with an identification card pocket and card.
- Fabric is 600 denier polyester: tear and water-resistant
- Wide opening design for easy loading and unloading
- Removable and adjustable padded straps
- Compatible with almost all brands
- Double adjustable buckles for securing the stroller
- Exterior pockets for securing the shoulder strap and keeping other accessories and gears
- Identification card and card pocket.
- Easy to carry
- It is not padded
- The dark color makes it hard to spot
The ZOHZO stroller travel bag offers plenty of space (41 x 21 x 13.5 in) for almost all brand strollers, even double strollers!
Here the list of compatible strollers:
- Baby Jogger City Mini
- Baby Jogger City Select
- Baby Trend Expedition
- Baby Trend Tri-Flex
- BOB Revolution
- Britax B-Agile
- Bugaboo Bee3
- Evenflo Pivot
- Graco Aire3
- Graco Click Connect
- Graco LiteRider
- Graco Modes Jogger
- Joovy Caboose
- Maxi-Cosi Adorra
- UPPAbaby CRUZ
- and MORE!
J.L Childress stroller bag
OUR RATING: 4.7/5
- Protects your single or double umbrella stroller from dirt and germs when checking it at the airplane gate; Airline certified
- To ensure this item bag fits your stroller, visit the Compatibility Guide in the Technical Specification section below
- Made of durable, yet lightweight and water-resistant material with double-stitched seams for strength; Not recommended for baggage check; Drawstring closure with adjustable lock; Webbing handles for easy lifting
- Stuffs quickly into attached spandex pouch; compact size easily fits in diaper bag, backpack, stroller basket or carry-on bag
- Bright color and large GATE CHECK logo easily identify your stroller for gate-check and ensures safe return to you at the airplane gate; ID box to write your name
It is a durable and lightweight stroller bag which is suitable for standard and double strollers.
It has a drawstring closure and an adjustable lock and it fits easily into its stretch pouch.
The handles are not padded but they are webbed for easy lifting.
- Adjustable lock
- Suitable for standard and double strollers
- Comes with a stretchy pouch
- Red color makes it easy to spot
- Handles are not padded
- Affordable, best value
List of compatible strollers:
Baby trend sit ‘n stand, peg perego, phil and Ted’s, Quinny buzz, bob single Jogging strollers, Graco meteorite, Snug rider and duo glider, Bugaboo, Joovy, Chicco, Combi and Combi twin, Malaren and Malaren twin, baby planet and more.
Branded Stroller Bags
If you have a branded stroller (compact, umbrella or any other kind) and you are looking for the safest and perfect fit bag go for your brand’s custom made stroller bag, here’s a list.
Baby Jogger city bag
- Padded for stroller
- Easy containment for travel or storage
- Double stroller bag holds stroller frame and one or two City Select seats
- Makes travel easier.Stroller is securely fitted in bag
- Compatible with city mini double,city mini gt double,summit x3 double
UPPABaby VISTA stroller bag
- Durable nylon bag with exposed wheels attached to bag for easy rolling
- Convenient inner wheel bag contains stroller wheels and padded bumper bar pocket
- Front luggage tag pocket
- The product is only designed to fit the UPPAbaby VISTA stroller. If you are using a different stroller it will not fit in the VISTA Travel Bag
BRITAX stroller bag
- Lightweight travel bag is designed with strong denier material to protect your stroller when traveling
- Removable strap for comfortable carrying on or off the shoulder
- Folded stroller fits in the travel bag without removing the wheels
- Fits Britax Single B Agile, B Free, and Pathway Strollers
- Dimensions 30.7 H x 24.4 L x 9.7 W inches
Maclaren stroller bag
- Stores compactly in its own small pouch making it convenient to carry in your carry-on, nappy bag, or in stroller shopping basket
- Not designed for conventionally checked luggage
- Fits all single seat Maclaren and most umbrella-fold strollers
- OPEN: L x W x H 47 x 23.5 x .4in
- Includes a carry strap for easy transport.The Maclaren Lightweight Storage Bag fits Maclaren and most umbrella fold buggies.
Ergobaby Metro stroller bag
- Backpack-style carry straps distribute the stroller’s weight evenly, keeping you comfortable
- Keep your stroller clean while in the overhead bin
- Carry bag rolls up small, and fits into Metro’s seat-back pocket, always ready when you need it
- Wipeable fabric
- Includes Stroller Backpack-Style Travel Bag only Stoller and other accessories sold separately
GB Pockit Stroller bag
- STYLISH & DURABLE - Sleek and functional, our universal stroller travel bag is compatible with all gb Pockit and gb Pockit Plus strollers (not work for all-city) along with the Clutch Stroller by Delta Children, or the Baby Joy Pocket Stroller. Please note: This is an aftermarket product produced by Minnebaby, not associated with Gb.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL - Protect your child’s stroller when traveling or on the go. Made of premium water-resistant nylon material, this folding stroller travel bag features a dual zipper for additional ease and accessibility.
- COMPACT & SECURE - A universal stroller bag you can rely on, our adaptable stroller bag can be compressed into a small, convenient pouch to be stored or kept anywhere from your car, or your baby bag, when not in use.
- MULTI-PURPOSE DESIGN - Our versatile baby stroller travel bag is designed to safely carry and hold your stroller while you carry it like a backpack, handbag, or shoulder bag depending on your needs and travel style.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES - This traveling stroller bag includes comfortable and padded shoulder straps, padding on the interior of the bag, and a handy front pocket for storing small items including paper towels, burp clothes, and more.
YOYO ZEN stroller bag
- Airline certified size of carry-on bag
- Designed specifically for the yoyo+
UPPAbaby MINU stroller bag
- For use with all MINU models Includes TravelSafe Program.
- Durable, luggage grade, 600 denier bag.
- Convenient inner wheel bag contains stroller wheels.
- Front luggage tag pocket.
- Back-pack style provides a Hands-free Carry Mode for comfort and ease during travel
Why buy a stroller bag for air travel?
Generally, stroller bags are not considered a necessity but they do have their advantages and you could gain a lot from using one.
Although it’s not mandatory, stroller bags are good for protecting your precious buggy from damage, wetness or dirt.
These qualities are very important for maintaining a stroller, especially during air travel.
As a flight attendant, I’ve seen a lot of baby strollers, musical instruments and other delicate belongings sent to the hold of the plane and the ways some of them are handled are quite concerning.
Most baggage handlers handle people’s luggage with little care.
Because they don’t have a lot of time and resources are limited, your belongings held in the hold section could get damaged easily.
Considering all this, you must protect your belongings.
What to consider before buying a stroller bag
- Size: Stroller bags come in different sizes. Before buying a stroller bag, check for size compatibility with your stroller. Some stroller brands have custom stroller travel bags that you can get or you could go for a universal fit bag. Also, if you are unsure of what size to choose, you can rarely go wrong with a bigger bag.
- Waterproof and rip-resistant material: When it comes to buying stroller bags for air travel, the sturdier the better. Check the stitches, the quality of the fabric and find out how well it can resist water.
- Closure system: A good stroller bag should have a good closure system such as a zipper or a clamp. This will protect the stroller from dirt and also prevent things from getting in and out of the bag.
- Easy to carry: There are stroller bags with handles or straps for easy carrying. Some of those we recommend can also be carried like a backpack.
- Storage pouch: A lot of stroller bags come with a storage pouch for putting them away.
- Price: The difference in the prices vary largely. You should consider your budget, the quality, brand-name and other important characteristics of the stroller bag you want to buy. Naturally, anything with high quality is usually a bit expensive but if you are not willing to spend that much, don’t worry. There are great brands that don’t require that you break the bank or add a load of money to your budget in order to get quality. Our selection has great options that can cater to your wants.
- Special features that you may need: Are you getting your money’s worth if you end up buying something that doesn’t have that special feature you need? When buying a stroller bag, keep in mind those special features that you need or want. It could be that you don’t want to take off the stroller’s wheels or maybe you want an expandable stroller bag or one with a safety lock. Doing this will help you make a more satisfactory purchase.
Flying with a stroller: How to gate check your stroller
- Usually, you can either check the stroller at the ticket counter or at the gate. Make sure it’s tagged and remember to place it in a stroller bag before it’s taken.
- If you gate-check your stroller, you will have to go through security with it. You will then fold it and put it through the x-Ray machine. And you can pass carrying the baby or toddler on your arms.
- Once at the boarding gate, you can take the stroller to the plane door but at the point, you fold it and leave it and the airline staff will put it on hold.
- Before leaving. “strip” your stroller down. Remove any cup holders, toys, padding and even the sunshade (depending on the design). Keep whatever you will need in the plane (diapers, water bottle, cuddly toy, etc) and leave the rest of the stuff in the stroller bag (padding, cup holder, accessories, etc). Be sure to have your name and your address on it somewhere and make sure the gate-check tag can still be seen.
- Then, depending on the airline, you will collect it on the jetway (plane’s door) or at the baggage claim. Ask about this!
- If you want to avoid all the gate check-in process you can just buy a compact stroller for air travel and take it with you on board in the overhead compartment.
Do you need a bag for a stroller on a plane?
Most airlines don’t make it compulsory but some European airlines such as Air France and KLM do. Anyway, it’s recommended to have a stroller bag because it will protect your buggy from getting damaged, stained or wet during the entire process of taking it to the hold, keeping it in the cargo compartment and taking it to the baggage claim for delivery.
Do airlines provide stroller bags?
Some do. Airlines like United provide big plastic bags but they are limited, so you can’t really count on it that you’ll get one. Other airlines like Southwest sell them (for $17) while some others don’t provide at all.
How do I protect my stroller bags while traveling?
Use a stroller bag. It will protect it from the dirt and filthiness of the airplane hold. A padded stroller bag is the best choice but if that is not available, you can use a big plastic bag or a big laundry bag that is well secured with a bungee cord.
What to do if my stroller is damaged?
Report the damage immediately. Check your stroller thoroughly at the baggage carousel before you leave and report the damage immediately if you see any to prove that the damage was made during the flight. After reporting, you will be required to fill in a damage report.
After filling the damage report, send an email to the claims department with all the details of the break, photos, the stroller tag (the one they put at the gate), and a receipt of the stroller cost. Wait for their response and if you are lucky, you may be reimbursed. The amount paid varies from airline to airline.
Does the airline reimburse you for the damaged stroller?
Most do but some don’t. For example, Southwest Airlines doesn’t take responsibility for any damages.
What is the best stroller bag?
Custom stroller bags are the best. If the stroller doesn’t have one, go for a universal fit bag like the one we recommend. A good stroller bag should also be inexpensive, waterproof, well-padded and have straps.
Do I need a stroller bag for a compact stroller that I’m taking inside the cabin?
It’s best to have one. Even though it can be taken on board, the overhead compartment could be filled up. If there is no space for it in the cabin, it will be taken as checked luggage in the hold.
A stroller bag may not be mandatory but it is always good to have one for air travel because it’s going to protect your stroller from getting damaged or dirty.
There is no logic to compromising your investment in a very expensive stroller.
Before getting a stroller bag, you need to put some things into consideration so that you can make a satisfactory purchase.
Considering all the factors that go into purchasing a stroller bag, the Compono stroller bag is highly recommended because of its overall quality. It’s large enough to fit almost all strollers, it’s designed to protect your stroller from dust, dirt, and rain (100% water resistant) and its closure system has a velcro cover flap to keep water and grime from coming in.
Now choose which suits you the most.
Last update on 2021-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API